Smaragdina Pic

starrynightxxi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
smara3.jpg

Smyke the Smaragdina​

as far as I can tell, DarkEntity, it is in fact smaragdina, not imbellis, but thanks :)

thanks guys. and yes, just the one. the folks who sent him to the importer keep sending male-only shipments. the only females they're sending are mislabeled males, so not very useful.

He is very lovely. I really much prefer wild coloration and shorter fins in bettas now. Much more interesting to look at, and their fins hold up much better than the long-finned variants. They show their age much less. I guess carrying a ginormous tail would age you a bit.

Great Smaragdina. Do you have the details of your setup?

llj

nothing special on the setup. I am not trying to breed so the water chemistry is less important. Currently he is living in a half-filled ten gallon, because the spare heater I have is only for 2-5 gallons (the 10g heater is keeping baby cichlids warm). When I have some more cash on hand he'll be getting upgraded to something bit more appropriate, but he seems content enough, he builds inch-high bubblenests :blink:

I very much prefer the short finned variants to the long finned, but as to wild vs domestic colors, i'm not as picky. though i must say, show me a blue marble DTPK and I'm in love ;)

Most reactions

Back