Smallest Pleco

Hm, iirc clown plecs are very small. Between 3-4 inches, very attractive species and tolerates a more neutral, even slightly alkaline water unlike some other species. Generally peaceful and won't pick fights with other fish. Provide shelter in the form of caves or tunnels, as well as driftwood like any other plec you'd keep. Omnivorous, and happily eat off of algae and biofilm on your tank.

With a 29 gallon, you could house some larger plecos if clown plecs aren't your thing. Blue phantoms are my fancy lately, average adult size of around 6-8 inches. Active and curious fish, they keep to themselves and will take residence wherever they feel like it. Frequently find mine sucked onto the tank sides, sat on a nice rock or taking shelter in a cave.

There are way more loricariids than you'd think that fall within the 3-8 inch range. Bristlenoses are an easy one, very nice to look at depending on the type you've got. I personally love snow white longfins, think they look like little angels. Ultimately, the plec you get is up to you and down to the type of set-up you're going for and what sort of water parameters you've got.

Sorry if you've stated to the point of exhaustion by now, but what are your water parameters? Some plecs prefer softer, more acidic water, whereas others prefer neutral to alkaline pH and harder water. If you've got those bits, you can whittle the list down to a good size and pick what feels right for you!

smallest pleco is a hillstream loach
jk idk anything about plecos
if whiptails count they are pretty small

aren't most otos captures from the wild? I don't like wild caught fish
Yeah, which is why they can be hard to keep. Very greedy little fellers and you hear horror stories of them rejecting algae wafers and only feeding off of real algae. I found them hard to keep alive, went from six to one and now the sole survivor is fat and happy in my 230L.

Yeah, which is why they can be hard to keep. Very greedy little fellers and you hear horror stories of them rejecting algae wafers and only feeding off of real algae. I found them hard to keep alive, went from six to one and now the sole survivor is fat and happy in my 230L.
I'm thinking of doing pygmy cories

Got one of those too! It hitchhiked in a bag of rummynose tetras when I last got fish. Considering getting some more if I end up rehoming my red tail. They are absolutely adorable though, a nice change from standard corydoras.
they are so cute, mini cory
i think i accidentally bought a pair of emerald cories when i wanted to buy bronze... oh well they've been together for some months and live together

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back