Smallest Air Pump Possible -

marcybeth0281

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 5, 2009
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Ocala, Florida
Hey - I need to get some oxygen flowing in my 5g tank. I have a whisper10 in-tank hob filter and it just has no splash whatsoever and I'm worried about having enough oxygen flow in the water.

This is for only 5g, so I don't want to attach an airstone and have a flurry of air shooting throughout the tank. I just want a little activity in a corner. Any suggestions for a tiny air pump that would work well? Also, this is my hospital/fry tank (currently has the pregnant platy in it) and so there is no substrate and I'm a little clueless as to how to secure the airstone. And should I put some fresh filter sponge around the airstone so the bubbles are a little less violent?

Thanks for the help!
 
Hey - I need to get some oxygen flowing in my 5g tank. I have a whisper10 in-tank hob filter and it just has no splash whatsoever and I'm worried about having enough oxygen flow in the water.

This is for only 5g, so I don't want to attach an airstone and have a flurry of air shooting throughout the tank. I just want a little activity in a corner. Any suggestions for a tiny air pump that would work well? Also, this is my hospital/fry tank (currently has the pregnant platy in it) and so there is no substrate and I'm a little clueless as to how to secure the airstone. And should I put some fresh filter sponge around the airstone so the bubbles are a little less violent?

Thanks for the help!
you can get mini pumps at my lfs for about £4.00 that are about 4inchesx2x1 and power 1 small or medium airstone. If you have to, use oxygenating tablets and swirl the water round with you finger






[joking about the finger part :P]
 
lol @ me calling my boss...

"sorry, but i have a new job. i stand by my tank all day swirling it around with my fingers."

haha....
 
An airstone won't send a mass of bubbles round your tank as long as you don't position it in front of the flow coming out of the filter.

A normal airpump and a small round airstone should work just fine. You can get fine airstones, it should say on the packet. There are also wooden airstones which provide very fine bubbles if you don't like the larger bubbles.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top