Slight Disaster :(

Honeythorn

Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Stourbridge UK
The lid on Duncan's tank is broken :( The filter ( well, the little motor/pump that pulls the water up so it can pour over the tray in the back that holds the sponge ect ) and light are built in and run off the same single large plug. I suspect the plug itself is the problem as my father has taken the light out and checked all the gubbins in and around it, he can't see anything wrong. There was a lot of condensation on and around the light cover ect, but I would have thought that they were water proof considering the design of the tank .There is no way a splash tray could have been fitted to it so I know I'm not missing one ( the tank was second hand )

This is the tank by the way . I think it's a clearseal.

13-08-08_2113.jpg
.

It happened some time overnight day before yesterday, and after I had had my spaz attack checking he was ok ect, I checked the sponge on top and it was dry on top. BUT It was still pretty damp underneath, and the ceramic media were still damp too so I whipped them out and bunged them into a small HOB filter and set it running quick-sharp. I hope I haven't had too much of a crash! I've done a couple of water changes in the past two days and I'm testing it later. I'll have to get an electrician friend to have a look at the electrics in the lid and see if he knows what's wrong.

Poor Dunc looks so bewildered at being plunged into dimness! :unsure: I've left the lid off to stop any more condensation getting at it, and I had to put a piece of plastic over the tank in case he decided to jump out . :(
 

Most reactions

Back
Top