Slate Cave I Made

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
This is using the small pieces of slate that you cover the front garden or the bedding area with in the garden, small 1-3" pieces of smooth slate. I piled some up with small openings and fixed with black silicon. You could always then cover it with riccia or something. My clown plec loves it.

5pphj8.jpg
 
Nice idea - I've been thinking about doing that with some stripy rocks I found on a beach to replace the ugly ornamental castle in my tank. Haven't taken the castle out b/c it's such a good hiding place and the tetras all like somewhere dark to go to on occasion. i just don't much like the way flowerpots look either. I like the slate better than the rocks, though -may steal your idea to replace my ugly castle.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top