phishstixx
New Member
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2007
- Messages
- 50
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
I just happened upon this article looking for diy filters http
/www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm . though this filter is for ponds wouldn't the basic rules still apply to an aquarium as far as the benefit of not cleaning out the filter. Wouldn't instead of water changes and black-out to reduce intial algea leaving it alone to resolves itself out lead us to a more balanced aquarium. Though I know it's harder when you have a tank in the livingroom with water that looks like pea soup. Well I've been keeping fish for about a year and half and have 5 tanks in a one bedroom apt. with wife and child. This is just for open discussion sacks. Think I may be try to build a simular filter of course on a smaller scale and see what gives
/www.skippysstuff.com/biofiltr.htm . though this filter is for ponds wouldn't the basic rules still apply to an aquarium as far as the benefit of not cleaning out the filter. Wouldn't instead of water changes and black-out to reduce intial algea leaving it alone to resolves itself out lead us to a more balanced aquarium. Though I know it's harder when you have a tank in the livingroom with water that looks like pea soup. Well I've been keeping fish for about a year and half and have 5 tanks in a one bedroom apt. with wife and child. This is just for open discussion sacks. Think I may be try to build a simular filter of course on a smaller scale and see what gives







