Site Warning......

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
just had this message come up from rapport when i logged in tonight......

This website fishforums.net is insecure. Any information you enter into this page will be submitted without proper encryption and is susceptible to interception. To protect your privacy and security it is recommended to avoid entering sensitive information into unsafe pages

has anyone else had it.......? :unsure:

i'll flag this straight away Matt, cheers :good:

I clicked on a link from a google search to fishforums.net and had some rubbish come up that i have been on the receiving end of before. A really petty virus that locks you to their website and asks for credit card details.

Looks like they have been hacked :/

yes i had it after installing papport that is free from natwest, all info you send on the net is not secure unless stayted like when you pay things
or log in to our bank online shopping and such, surfing the net others can and always have been able tosee what you are doing, i took it rappor was just warning me of this and advising me to keep my sensitive information safe

i dont see any problem or any thing to worry about

ps I might just add that i haven't had any warnings, AVG pro doesn't seem to be picking anything up...

anyone else?

I clicked on a link from a google search to fishforums.net and had some rubbish come up that i have been on the receiving end of before. A really petty virus that locks you to their website and asks for credit card details.

Looks like they have been hacked :/
all i found was this www.tropicalfishforum.net/ im taking it thats the old forum

who exactly are you referring to when you say: looks like they have been hacked?

ive had rapport on my laptop for ages now and its never brought this up before.

just thought it was worth a mention.

ive had rapport on my laptop for ages now and its never brought this up before.

just thought it was worth a mention.
i was the same running it fine then a few weeks ago it said the same as what you got....

dont know if it is related but i signed onto here, got a BSOD and then had to reinstall windows. I have just finished.

ps I might just add that i haven't had any warnings, AVG pro doesn't seem to be picking anything up...

anyone else?

Nothing form Norton either.

What that warning means is that the communication is over HTTP, not HTTPS. All that means is that the communication between you & the server TFF is run on is not encrypted. While this is something that is needed for online banking, purchases, and e-mail, that level of security is not needed for a forum, thus very few forums have it.

For security you should have different passwords for your various e-mail, banking, and forum accounts.

Most reactions

Back