"silver" Honey Gourami

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Christi_22

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

Recently I have added 2 young Gourami's to my community tank that were labelled in the Fish Shop as Honey Gourami's (and hopefully female) one is typical in appearance, the other is basically silvery, (in my lighting) with a dark stripe midway, and orange edges on the "bottom" and Dorsal fins. Both fish have fairly blunt dorsal fins. (at the moment). Both about 2.5 cm approximately.

Does anyone have any experience of the silvery coloured Honey Gourami's? I only ask as my one seems to have a different swimming action and behaviour to the normal Honeys??? (but is absolutely beautiful)

Also, does anyone know a way of sexing juvenile Honey's ( the only way I know is the Dorsal fin , but not sure if this is the best way or even very effective).

My intention was to add some female Honeys to the tank, as my existing resident male has been spending some considerable time building a bubble nest.

(it also seems that LFS's only seem to get male fish in their deliveries, and I have been told this is due to the importers not wanting us fish keepers to breed) thus reducing their livelihoods!

Any comments about the Honeys or anything else would be most welcome.

Thanks
C

Most reactions

Back