Silver Dollars

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jaywings19

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My new 72G tank is currently cycling (fishless), which will hopefully be done in the next week or so. The tank has a black gravel substrate, some driftwood, and "fake" plants.

I want to stock this tank with South American fish... but not aggressive cichlids.

So far, I want to get:

5 Angels (small) - just trying to get one or two "pairs" and return/exchange the rest
2-3 Apistogramma Cacat.
10 Neon Tetras - yes, I'm aware of the potential danger with the Angels when grown up
5-6 Corydoras Sterbai - if my LFS can get them in for me
3-4 Corydoras (other)
1 Pleco - gold nugget or zebra

Just trying to figure out what else to put in here. I recently came across Silver's pictures of Silver Dollars in the other forum. Would 3-5 Silver Dollars fit nicely into my planned mix?

I can see no problem with adding a school of silver dollars to the tank. Silver dollars are pretty much a all round fish that can be used in tanks with small or large fish, their easy going temperment and herbivorous diet mean they wont eat smaller tankmates and their tall round shape means they are not easily swallowed by large predatory fish.

BTW Silver is a woman so you might want to edit your post :p

Would a pair of Silver Dollars be okay with a 33 g tank with the cichlids in my sig?

Oh Catfish......you are sooooo sweet :*) :*) You cease to amaze me with your wit :lol:

No seriously, I agree. I think you would really enjoy 4 or 5 Silver Dollars. My only advice would be to get baby Angels (which I think you said that's what you were gonna do anyways right?). That way they can grow up with the Silvers and won't be mean to them :sad: . I have a pair of Angels in with my 4 Silvers and they have always gotten along fabulously..........until recently..........CFC, check out my problems for me would ya????

Post to my problemo of the moment........thanks CFC, master of fishes :wub:

I hope you enjoy your Silvers if that's the route you want to go, just remember how skiddish most of them can be and you may want to get more fake plants.........you'll see what I mean when they get bigger ;)

Silver
:*

Most reactions

Back