Silver Dollar And Gold / Blue Gourami In 55?

smmetz

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 12, 2005
Messages
480
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New York state
Hi, a couple weeks ago I got a half dozen silver dollar fish for my 55 gallon. They are between 2 and 3 inches long now. I already have 5 gourami in there. I have had no problems yet, but I read that silver dollar are very nervous fish, and tank mates with any aggressive tendancies should be avoided. Since Gourami (I have 1 blue, 2 opaline, 2 gold) are generally considered semi-aggressive, is my setup a problem waiting to happen?
 
If the gouramis are much larger than the gouramis then yes problems may occur, Although having 5 Three-spots is also likely to give you problems sooner or later.

what are the dimensions of the tank? 6 fully grown dollars and 5 fully grown three-spot gouramis sounds a lot of fish for a 55G
 
lol, if it helps, all the gourami are females. It is a standard 48x13 tank, I think it is 20" tall, whatever the standard 55 height is. Tee gourami about about fully grown, about 4-4.5" long.

I know the tank is stocked on the heavy side, but the relatively new piece of mopani wood reminds me if I wait more than a week for maintenace, since the water turns brown still, haha. In the meantime, I am on the lookout for a 6' tank deal on ebay.
 
I have 4 silver dollars in my tank along with 4 gold and 2 pearl gourami all about 4" or 5" They get on fine together. I personally wouldn't say my Gourami's are aggressive at all but then they are in a 6ft (600l) tank so have enough room to have their own space.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top