Silly Question But Want To Know

Dan C

New Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
basildon essex
Hi all,

This may seem like a stupid question , but can my fish see out of the tank because whereever i look on the tank (even from the top) it seems to be a mirror image.
 
My Betta flares when I put my finger next to his glass and my corys run(?) away when I move up to the glass. So yeh...
 
fish are short sighted in the water. When the sight converges from in water to out of water is another story. Think of how your eyes are able to see under water without any aid of goggles etc. Guess we'll never know! I'm interested in what colours affect fish. AND some fish are able to see UV light spectrum (they have an extra chemical in their cones) Must be crazy to have monocular vision and have 'mirrors' everywhere. http://www.earthlife.net/fish/sight.html
 
Well you can look straight through it so of course they can see out from the inside.

The mirror effect is due to the angle when you look at perpendicular faces of the tank.
 
Yes they can, and a surprising distance. Some time ago I got in a shipment of wild caught angels, and as with many wild cichlids they are skittish & wary fish. The first couple of days I couldn't get within 20 feet of the tank without them dropping back into cover. Took a few weeks for them to learn people coming towards the tank often means food.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top