Sick Or Pregnant Oscar

catrina

Reaction score
Hi, I need to know if anyone can help me with what's going on with my oscar? She has a huge stomache, n she's kinda been laying on the bottom of the tank. I havent seen her eat anything but she has swam around a little, but today she has a clear like bubble almost the size of a dime coming out of her. I thought maybe it was the starting of her laying eggs, but now shes not really moving. she's just kinda sideways like her bubble is damaged, but on the bottom of the tank. Can anyone help?

Hi welcome, ok do you have two oscars in the tank, Female will lay eggs, male will come along behind and fertilise them,
What size tank and occupants?
What is your filteration like?
Water readings from tests?
How long have you had the oscar?
A picture speaks a 1000 words if you can take and upload would be excellent,

' various symptoms that point to your fish having an internal parasitic infestation. White stringy poo/faeces can sometimes indicate an internal parasite. Severe cases of Internal worms such as the tapeworm often give themselves away when you see what looks like thin pieces of ribbon, or cotton hanging out of the fishes anus. You don't normally know your fish has this condition unless it is heavily infested. Extreme cases could also cause swelling in the abdomen. Fish can live with internal parasites without any effect on their health whatsoever.

Good morning and welcome to the forum! :good: Sorry to hear your oscar isn't doing well. If you can answer the questions and post a pic as nelly suggested, that would be great. Prolapse is also a possibility. Without the above information, we are only guessing.

Most reactions

Back