Sick Goldfish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

metfan581

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an Orange Oranda Goldfish. He is in a 30 gallon. The "puff" on his head seems to be larger and is now covering his whole head. Only his mouth is visable. He seems to be un aware as if he was blind. Can anyone help me? All help is appericated...
Thanks,
metfan581

Need a pic

The area of the growth is called a wen and can grow really big, so big the fish cant see.
Experienced keepers cut the wen so the fish can see.

I take it the wen has grown over time and not suddenly sprouted like this? Is the fish an oranda?

Need a pic

The area of the growth is called a wen and can grow really big, so big the fish cant see.
Experienced keepers cut the wen so the fish can see.

I take it the wen has grown over time and not suddenly sprouted like this? Is the fish an oranda?

???I'm confused???

They are the best I can do:

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

i've never heard or seen that before and i've worked in a pet shop and have been asked about some weird stuff

maybe its bacterial? that would be the only thing that springs to mind for me, melafix maybe?

anyone else?

Its completely normal for this to happen and no meds are needed.
Do you know any one that is experienced enough to take a look at the fish and see if cutting back the wen is viable?
Im going to ask someone about this and if you dont mind will show a pic of the fish to them to see what can be done if anything.

I know this might sound crazy but ive been asked to ask if the fish had eyes at all? Even with lots of growth the eye should still be seen and it looks like there is no eye in the socket.

As i know nothing about wen growth ive been told if you havent cut it before then to leave it alone. The fish can obviously find food as its not thin so as long as it can get good gill movement then not to worry. Should the need ever arise that the fish becomes impaired then to get a vet to do it and one thats done it before.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back