Sick Dwarf Gourami? Maybe?

confused mermaid

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 46 gallon with a powder blue DG, an orange one, and a flame one along with various other small fishes and two angels. This morning I noticed that my powder blue is sluggish and either fat or bloated and it's scales do not look smooth. The scales are not coming off or anything, they are just kinda rough in patches, not sleek and smooth like my other dwarfs. I watched as I fed and it swam around and ate fine. It hangs out usually at the back of the tank by the heater so that is nothing new. All water tests came out fine. Does it sound like an illness or egg laying or what?

Advice appreciated.

Thank you
 
That sounds like dropsy which is a sign of an internal parasite - if you have a quarantine tank or spare small tank transfer it now. I am not the best to advise on disease so I will let some one else take over. Good luck hope it gets better :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top