Shubunkin Mouth Problem.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

philandmatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just joined cos I found the forum whilst googling to find info about a fishy problem .
My son had 2 gold fish and sadly one died so decided to get 2 shubunkins to keep the remaining one company.Not long after we noticed one of the newcomers seem to have developed a hole on one side of its mouth which seemed to give it aproblem eating,unfortunately within days it died.About a month later the other shubunkin is developing the same problem but at the moment is still managing to eat and look lively.
You can see right inside its mouth and almost looks as though it has a tongue that is sticking out,I am sure this can't be right,is it a disease or possibly the comet goldfish attacking it as it is quite a lot larger. ANY IDEAS PLEASE?

Welcome to the forum, few questions for you se we can help.

Tank Size?

How long have you had each goldfish?

Do you know your tank stats?

The best way to know if ANYTHING is wrong with your tank besides looking at the fish is to test the water for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate. Those 3 are the leading cause to problems in a tank. You can usually purchase a test kit at your local pet store for around 20 bucks and it will last you a year or 2.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back