Shrimp?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sorry mate i dont know the scientific name but i'll try to find out for you on tuesday or wednesday when i collect my 2 new ones from the local fish shop

Thats the ones .............i think?

Mine arent so dark in colour but im sure thats the ones lol

God arent we up late? lol

I think its called internetitus or something?, aparently a power cut soon cures it lol :laugh: :p

Don't know about you Pete but I wasn't long back from work

First of all, hi to everyone, new on this forum.

Now.....

Ive been using shrimp for a VERY long time. Along with cats (corys) and plecos, they clean up everything. The kind you want to get though is the japanese algae eating time. Very similar to the ghost shrimp, thats the confusion. Ghost shrimp will jump out of a badly covered tank. Ghost shrimp will eat algae, and can be made happy, but arent as effective as the algae eating shrimp. Algae eating shrimp can get a orangish, redish tint to them, ghost shrimp should not have any tint whatsoever.

I swear by algae eating shrimp. They breed fast enough, but also arent long lived. And they for sure keep everything clean.

Xcrown

Cheers Xcrown. I'll see if I can source some of them over here. All my tanks are well covered so I cant forsee any probs with escapees. I might just set up a small shrimp tank and stick in one or two fish.

If the shrimp are happy and well fed, they will never flee. They only try to jump out when the waters bad or theres no food, natural I guess.

Hope you like them, I LOVE them. Just dont put them in with agressive fish.

Xcrown

HO HUM!!!!! :(

Came down this morning and found the remains of one of my Cameroon Armoured Shrimp lying in a heap at the bottom of the tank ..........and no it wasnt a molt lol :p

I guess that'll teach me to tempoarily house young Malawi Cichlids with them lol :0 :look: :what:

Well the Cichlids have been removed and the other Shrimp have now come out of hiding so looks like i'll be going to the lfs again this week ;) :laugh:

I tried ghost shrimp once. They just,,,,disappeared :(

I have not seen other types in any lfs. I did not realize there were so many available. I am going to have to do some looking also. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back