Shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What shrimp could I get that my Angel won't eat? I had ghost shrimp before and they all got ate within 3 days. I did a little reading and it said they are just too small to keep with Angels.

What shrimp could I get that my Angel won't eat? I had ghost shrimp before and they all got ate within 3 days. I did a little reading and it said they are just too small to keep with Angels.
Maybe Amano Shrimp. They are a dad bigger.

How densely planted is your tank?

Agree with the amanos...if it's a well established tank with good flow, you may consider a bamboo shrimp, but do your research on them

Agree with the amanos...if it's a well established tank with good flow, you may consider a bamboo shrimp, but do your research on them
Those are the 2 I was looking at yeah. The tank just got its first fish on Friday so it's pretty new

I was about to say fancy shrimp, but they would be WAY to small.

I would look into amano shrimp.

Those are the 2 I was looking at yeah. The tank just got its first fish on Friday so it's pretty new
Forget the bamboos then, they need an established tank with lots of floating detritus/organics, they filter feed

How long has the tank been set up?

Okay I'll give it more time then, thanks
Welcome!...shrimp like amanos tend to constantly graze, and until your substrate ages and begins to grow some tasty organics, they may not get enough to eat...give it a few months

Welcome!...shrimp like amanos tend to constantly graze, and until your substrate ages and begins to grow some tasty organics, they may not get enough to eat...give it a few months
So I guess that was also a part of the issue with my ghost shrimp, the tank was probably a month old. So that plus the Angels killed the Ghosts very fast

Yep....anything that will fit in an angel's mouth is fair game, lol
Also, ghost/grass shrimp are widely bred as feeders, and many times, aren't the healthiest shrimp to begin with

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back