Hawkins
Fish Herder
3 months ago I bought 2 Amano shrimps, after the first day there was only one left.
It was with my 16 guppy fry, which I from the 35L tank into the 125L tank.
Then a month later I moved the guppy fry back and could not find the Shrimp so thought he was dead.
After putting German Blue Rams, Firemouths, Tiger barbs and Melanochromis Auratus in, I thought no shrimps would survive in there.
A month later I changed the slate substrate to Roman black gravel, and added new decorations.
Today I was floating my male Siamese Fighting Fish in a fish bag in the tank to see my females beard (wasen't sure if she was female or not!) And I saw the large shrimp!
It's nice to know hes in there, but I am having trouble catching him now lol. Its the Juwel Rio 125 Tank, with the internal filter to match. Im guessing the shrimp was living under the filter as there is about a 1" gap.
So later I was banging on the filter and he ran out, when a Melanochromis Auratus (no idea of common name) chased him to the side. He climbed the filter and went through the outlet hole.
Im gonna try and get him out, and put him with the 4 cherry shrimp I bought yesterday.
Just wondering if he will cross breed or eat the cherry shrimp babies ???
cheers
sorry for long story lol
It was with my 16 guppy fry, which I from the 35L tank into the 125L tank.
Then a month later I moved the guppy fry back and could not find the Shrimp so thought he was dead.
After putting German Blue Rams, Firemouths, Tiger barbs and Melanochromis Auratus in, I thought no shrimps would survive in there.
A month later I changed the slate substrate to Roman black gravel, and added new decorations.
Today I was floating my male Siamese Fighting Fish in a fish bag in the tank to see my females beard (wasen't sure if she was female or not!) And I saw the large shrimp!
It's nice to know hes in there, but I am having trouble catching him now lol. Its the Juwel Rio 125 Tank, with the internal filter to match. Im guessing the shrimp was living under the filter as there is about a 1" gap.
So later I was banging on the filter and he ran out, when a Melanochromis Auratus (no idea of common name) chased him to the side. He climbed the filter and went through the outlet hole.
Im gonna try and get him out, and put him with the 4 cherry shrimp I bought yesterday.
Just wondering if he will cross breed or eat the cherry shrimp babies ???
cheers
sorry for long story lol







