🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello TFF! :)

I recently received Cherry Shrimp from @Deanasue! (A big thanks to her by the way. ;)), and I just wanted to see if you Guys think they are ok!

They are kinds scattered, and hard to see....
image.jpg

Also, I was sent a UPO (Unidentified Planty Object) :lol:

What plant is this!? I know the middle one is Anacharis, and the one all the way to the right in Anubias, but what is the one all the way to the left?

CA60934A-4404-46B0-A234-01CFD1A432F7.jpeg

Tagged people: @Deanasue

Thank you so much for your time! :)

Wait! I think one is pregnant and Is laying the eggs!!! :D

(Do they lay eggs)

Sorry for the bad photo, I tried to upload a video, but it said it was to large. :)

The top shrimp, in the photo, on the rock, she looks like she is carrying eggs! :)
BC223799-50E1-4F0C-8371-C21958087FA8.jpeg

https://aquariuminfo.org/rcs.html
She looks like she is still a few weeks off. She may well disappear a few days before they arrive. They are incredibly good at hiding. Once she stops being berried you will assume the shrimplets have been eaten because it will be a couple of weeks before you see them, and then one day they will be everywhere. I usually spot the new ones immediately after a water change. If that betta is in the same tank you had best add more plants, shrimplets are very tasty.

Ok, thank you! :)

Also, I do you know that the plant is? :)

I don’t have a sponge filter in the 5 g. I know it is recommended, but I just used the filter that came with it, the intake holes on it are very small, but do I need to put panty hose over the intake? :)

If there are baby shrimp sized holes, I would use the pantyhose.

I always check every bucket of old water after a water change. You'd be amazed how many baby shrimps can end up there. When they were in the old 54 litre tank, my record was 32 shrimps at one water change. They are very tiny so you can't see them against the substrate to avoid sucking them up.

I did send you at least one berried shrimp. I also threw in a couple of males and rest are females. I think both plants are Anubias but different types. Did you get the envelope with the algae wafers in it? No fish in that tank right now, correct? P.S. Yes, please cover intake with hose. Baby shrimp are incredibly small. I usually see mine a day after birth crawling in plants or rocks but you have to look closely.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back