Shrimp Nano Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishFinn

Reaction score
Hello, I’m new to the forum. Hope you’re all doing well and I’m glad to be here

My Betta who was living in my 4 gallon nano tank recently died when I attempted to move him to my community tank - something I deeply regret. This leaves this tank open and I kind of wanted to sell some of the stuff e.g. the heater and filter. It’s planted and has an LED light. I was wondering if I could keep shrimp in this? And if so can I keep them in an unfiltered and unheated tank? The tank has a few snails in it at the moment but since my Betta has died, that’s it. Can this be done? Or with another species?

Shrimp should still have a heater and a filter. Cheap sponge filters work great for shrimp.

I concur. Even shrimp need heated water, and a filter. If you want to sell off your filter, do so. Then buy a cheap sponge filter and an air pump. What kind of shrimp are you looking into getting?

I wasn’t sure - I wanted to know if the setup would work before delving into the different types of shrimp.

I wasn’t sure - I wanted to know if the setup would work before delving into the different types of shrimp.
Ok, sounds like a plan. If you need a list of easy to care for shrimp, just let me know. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back