Shrimp Care Guide

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi all, some great info on these forums.
I have a quick question, if anyone can help...

I've just bought some yellow cherry shrimp & the LFS has put a fish in there along with the shrimp. :S
Aparently it's a Scarlet Badis. I've had a quick look around but can't find much on this fish but I need to know if it's going to be ok with shrimp?
The fish is currently the same size as my baby shrimp, about 1/2" long.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I had 2 cherry shrimp approx 1/2 inch now got only one the other last seen disappearing down the throat of a 2.1/2 inch zebra danio.
wish I could have got a photo of the zebra with a shrimp head and eyes in it's mouth.

Incredible! Zebras will eat cherry shrimps? I am keeping zebras with those shrimps!

Hi I keep 4 Amano shrimp and 2 cherry. 1 of my Amano shrimp is cosiderably larger than the others and is presumed to be female in the past 2-4 days I have seen it curl up and flick out onto its side what does this mean?

HI great guide, I am keeping Cherry Shrimp but as they are a tad small I have them in a small tank until they get bigger, I had four and put them in my big tank but now only have 2..... once they get bigger I will but them in the big tank and fingers crossed they will be happy days.

Toothman88 - Neon tetras and rummy nosed tetras should not bother shrimp although they may nip at them and will eat shrimplets if they see them swimming around, a bristlenose wont harm shrimp (but will eat a shrimp if the shrimp died for some other reason), if the other catfish is not a cory then I suspect it will eat shrimp most catfish are predatory to some degree, the fighter/ betta may or may not develop a taste for shrimp my fighters generally leave shrimp alone but its not a sure thing that all fighters will leave shrimp alone. I wouldn't trust the shark with shrimp, and depending on the type of rainbow fish they could also be shrimp eaters. Guppies are more inclined to eat shrimplets than adult shrimp, but guppies will pick at almost anything they find so they can stress the shrimp. That said I keep thriving populations of cherry shrimp with guppies, endlers, various corydoras catfish, black neon tetras, golden tetra, bristle noses, pakastani and dwarf chain loaches as well as khuli loaches, Siamese fighters and Pacific Blue Eyes. Even the cherry shrimp I have put in my 1000L pond my goldfish have not managed to eat out of existance. However I have seen a goldfish in a tank scoff cherry shrimp as soon as they hit the water.

I know its very old but I just wanted to say thanks for a great guide... It was very helpful
I know its very old but I just wanted to say thanks for a great guide... It was very helpful

Thanks for the guide very helpful
I have had amano shrimp live for years and now have setup a cold water tank
so far have amanos cories and endlers guppies going to get cherry shrimps next

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back