Show Me Your Car!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

this should never happen in Alabama.
toocold.jpg

(by the way, it was 82 degrees here last monday. :sick: this state is too hot, too)

Thats cool benzonar loving the shark mouth! :cool: MX5's are great fun. B)

Cant see any car discussions so far :sad:

So thought id start this post, show us your car! Anyone got a fish tank in the car?

2.jpg

OMG I want that Car - It has my Initials, Its so hard to find My initials sometimes.

Here's Mine the Focus, and you can just see the front of Dad's BMW 318ti

Picture006.jpg

Ahh so many asian cars, I hate them so much. As for me I drive a 99' green chevy cavalier. I dont like it, Im a truck guy myself, plan on getting on buying a truck when Im 18.
You only hate them cos they are cheaper, can go rounds corners (unlike American cars), can accelerate faster, are more economical, and are more reliable then most European or American cars. :nod:

Cheaper than? I would have to say my car cost more used than a brand new Cavalier... :rolleyes: Also, the accelerate faster... I wouldn't agree with that either - depends on the car.

i would post my car but i dont no what type or what it will look like yet tell july lol it will be a bmw mini thoe :D

Ahh so many asian cars, I hate them so much. As for me I drive a 99' green chevy cavalier. I dont like it, Im a truck guy myself, plan on getting on buying a truck when Im 18.
You only hate them cos they are cheaper, can go rounds corners (unlike American cars), can accelerate faster, are more economical, and are more reliable then most European or American cars. :nod:

Cheaper than? I would have to say my car cost more used than a brand new Cavalier... :rolleyes: Also, the accelerate faster... I wouldn't agree with that either - depends on the car.
Find me an American car that can accelerate quicker than a Nissan Skyline GT-R. Especially the ones that develop 1,000BHP - at the WHEEL!. 0-180mph in 13 seconds.

And generally they do accelerate quicker, they have higher quality tuned engines running much lighter bodies. I paid 3,500 for my MR2, that does 0-60 in 5.5 right now. I can't think of many cars that'll do that for the price, and it's got a bullet proof engine. American cars aren't designed to accelerate, no need when the speed limit is only 55 and everything is hundreds of miles apart. Obviously it depends on the car, a vette will out shoot a family car, but like for like, I'll pick the Japanese every time. There are a whole raft og Japanese cars that will spank European super cars, let alone big fat yank tanks.

In the newer ones, Skyline GT-R34 costs in around the 40-50K mark and will beat a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 off the line, and is around 10-20K cheaper. IIRC there is a German race track (possibly Nurburgring, not sure though) where a skyline holds the fastest lap. And they have done F1 testing there. Godzillas are awesome.

But back online a bit, what you seeing from your tubby Dave?

Ive got to agree with you Andy for value for money its hard to beat cars from the east, everyone goes on about Japanese reliability. For sports cars there is a whole range from Japan, some amazing cars. :rolleyes:

Andy im 100 up on standard at 344. Thats with basic tuning bolt on bits, still standard turbo, engine, fueling and ecu. :lol: If I had money its just so easy to get silly power from them. But as im finding out in this great cold weather we're having ive certainly got a handful just now. :look: :lol:

Whats your one had done to it?

Mine's almost OEM.

Just a new air filter and running at 14psi (need an FCD as it spikes from time to time...).

I reckon it's probably running at around just over the factory level (probably 220 - 230) since I have to allow for the drop in BHP as they age.

I don't plan to do a great deal. Probably de-cat, new downpipe and new exhaust. May also consider suspension/handling. that thing is on 235s at the back and just loves to go skittish in the wet...

Then save for a Godzilla.

i've searched long and hard on my hard drive and although i know i've got a file of car pics cant seem to put my hands on them right now. will take pics when i next wash it and edit this post. it's a BMW 328I Cabriolet.

2.8 litre, 0-60 in 6.5 top speed 147 apparently but i've had the needle to 155 downhill with a tailwind.

mods: lowered 40mm eibach springs, bilstein shocks. power boost valve, tarox vented and grooved brake discs and pads, about £4K of I.C.E incl sat nav. i just love it

bought it when i was 21 with 32,000 miles on the clock. i'm now 25 with 132,450. one hundred thousand miles in 4 years, impressive hey. and i've got an office job so thats all outside office hours!! and can you americans stop moaning about the price of petrol. i get 220 miles out of £50. 250 if i'm sensible, but i'm not.

here's a google image pic in the meantime

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~cloud/image/yoko1.JPG

you can imagine the fun i had getting the rio180 in it. had to take the top down and drive through town with a big fish tank sticking out the top, got a few funny looks, lol

edit: note to the 2 MR2 owners. i was trying to decide between that and the BMW when i got it. the ensurance decided it for me i could only insure a N.A couldn't even get a quote for the turbo so i went with the BMW. i still love the MR2 turbo's though, awesome cars and would leave me for dust. well i'd roar past you when you get to 125 though ha ha, unless you've removed the limiter, still not a lot in it at the top end.

around town you'd be a distant blur i'm sure.

Find me an American car that can accelerate quicker than a Nissan Skyline GT-R. Especially the ones that develop 1,000BHP - at the WHEEL!. 0-180mph in 13 seconds.

And generally they do accelerate quicker, they have higher quality tuned engines running much lighter bodies. I paid 3,500 for my MR2, that does 0-60 in 5.5 right now. I can't think of many cars that'll do that for the price, and it's got a bullet proof engine. American cars aren't designed to accelerate, no need when the speed limit is only 55 and everything is hundreds of miles apart. Obviously it depends on the car, a vette will out shoot a family car, but like for like, I'll pick the Japanese every time. There are a whole raft og Japanese cars that will spank European super cars, let alone big fat yank tanks.

In the newer ones, Skyline GT-R34 costs in around the 40-50K mark and will beat a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 off the line, and is around 10-20K cheaper. IIRC there is a German race track (possibly Nurburgring, not sure though) where a skyline holds the fastest lap. And they have done F1 testing there. Godzillas are awesome.

But back online a bit, what you seeing from your tubby Dave?

Man, get defensive - I'm not an American car person myself, but you ought to get some real information to back your argument with.... seriously. And like I said, it depends on the car.

For instance that '99 Nissan Skyline GT-R you're talking about... here are the real specs:

Type: Inline-6, Twin-turbo
Displacement cu in (cc): 156 (2568)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 276(206) / 6800
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 216(293) / 4400
Redline at RPM: n.a.
Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 245/40 WR18
Driveline: All Wheel Drive
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: 181.1 × 70.3 × 53.5
Weight lb (kg): 3672 (1666)
Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 5.2
Top Speed mph (km/h): 155 (250)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a.

Here's your American competitor '00 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R:

Type: V8
Displacement cu in (cc): 330 (5409)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 390(287) / 6250
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 385(522) / 4250
Redline at RPM: 6600
Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Tires F-R: 265/40 ZR18
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: 183.5 × 73.1 × 52.2
Weight lb (kg): 3589 (1628)
Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 4.4
Top Speed mph (km/h): 175 (280)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a.

I don't know about you, but I see a huge difference at the jump... :rolleyes: but that's just me ;)

Of course we won't even mention what would really happen with a brand spankin new Porsche 911 Carrera 4S... CLICK ME!

Anyone can mod a car...

ahh tekk but can it go round a corner?? sorry only joking. i agree that american cars generally have more power but i've yet to see anything with comparable handling. i've driven a doge viper, mustang (no idea what type) and various other american cars (used to work in the trade) but even the viper is a dog to steer and does nothing to instil a feeling of trust.

get any top end jap car and you can happily throw it around without the continious worry of turning yourself into a pancake. obviously the cars are built for the country, you have big open roads, they (and we) have tiny windy lanes that leave little room for error.

"Show me your car"

I would but you might throw up. '92 Ford Probe. Enough said. :D

I don't have any appropriate pictures of my Jeep, but here is a google image--mines the same only 2 years older!

I used to have that exact BMW: 1987 Red 5-speed Manual 325. *sigh* I crashed that poor baby. My Linda. I bent the frame.... :-( It was a rear-end collision with a stopped car who I hit and then she hit the guy infront of her. We were all fine, except for my ego and our wallets. And my poor baby! I actually had a nightmere where I cried when she got towed away. I will get an exact replica one day......... :look:

Attachments

• jeep.JPG
    jeep.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 97
  • bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 90

Most reactions

Back