Should i give my fish a fasting day?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

shaziasadiqah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So, i read some articles that are saying that itā€™s good to give your fish one fasting day each week because thatā€™s good for their digestive system.

right now my fish have this feeding schedule:

monday: prepared food (tropical flakes for most fish, sinking wafer for bottom dwellers and carnivore pellets for my BGKF)

tuesday: frozen food (either brine shrimp, bloodworms or daphinia)

wednesday: veggie based food (algae wafer, seaweed pellets, spirulina flakes)

thursday: prepared food again

friday: frozen food again

saturday: veggies again

sunday: special food (live food, repashy or tubifex worm)

i feed them small amount of food twice a day and they seem to love the schedule even surprisingly my BGK love the seaweed pellets so much that he basically just go crazy everytime i feed the tank that.

any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you :)

So, i read some articles that are saying that itā€™s good to give your fish one fasting day each week because thatā€™s good for their digestive system.

right now my fish have this feeding schedule:

monday: prepared food (tropical flakes for most fish, sinking wafer for bottom dwellers and carnivore pellets for my BGKF)

tuesday: frozen food (either brine shrimp, bloodworms or daphinia)

wednesday: veggie based food (algae wafer, seaweed pellets, spirulina flakes)

thursday: prepared food again

friday: frozen food again

saturday: veggies again

sunday: special food (live food, repashy or tubifex worm)

i feed them small amount of food twice a day and they seem to love the schedule even surprisingly my BGK love the seaweed pellets so much that he basically just go crazy everytime i feed the tank that.

any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you :)
I didnā€™t realise people scheduled what they feed to be honest and didnā€™t know about fast days , my fish get what I give them when I choose to give it them some weeks they will only have there Flakes and pellets Others they get prawns lobster small amounts of beef il be honest they get treats when Iā€™m looking in the freezer and remember Iv got them lol I also feed twice a day two reasons because itā€™s fun and itā€™s one of the only ways we can interact with our fish and second it stops petty aggression in my tank but I donā€™t fast a day a week Iā€™d feel bad ahahah

I didnā€™t realise people scheduled what they feed to be honest and didnā€™t know about fast days , my fish get what I give them when I choose to give it them some weeks they will only have there Flakes and pellets Others they get prawns lobster small amounts of beef il be honest they get treats when Iā€™m looking in the freezer and remember Iv got them lol I also feed twice a day two reasons because itā€™s fun and itā€™s one of the only ways we can interact with our fish and second it stops petty aggression in my tank but I donā€™t fast a day a week Iā€™d feel bad ahahah

i knooow because feeding my fish is my favorite time of the day i kinda just collecting fish food and scheduling their food variation. I know iā€™m a freak like that lol

iā€™d feel bad about fasting them, too though especially my angles since they are always so crazy about food lol

i knooow because feeding my fish is my favorite time of the day i kinda just collecting fish food and scheduling their food variation. I know iā€™m a freak like that lol

iā€™d feel bad about fasting them, too though especially my angles since they are always so crazy about food lol
We all have a first in line at dinner time mine is my severum , itā€™s that greedy it spends its life pooing I have to net it when my corys lay eggs because it will follow them round trying to eat the eggs from there body before they even lay them lol even with a constipated fish I donā€™t fast il give them a few peas or something ... I have fed a fish a Kelloggā€™s bran flake before .... sushh donā€™t tell anyone ahahah

We all have a first in line at dinner time mine is my severum , itā€™s that greedy it spends its life pooing I have to net it when my corys lay eggs because it will follow them round trying to eat the eggs from there body before they even lay them lol even with a constipated fish I donā€™t fast il give them a few peas or something ... I have fed a fish a Kelloggā€™s bran flake before .... sushh donā€™t tell anyone ahahah

i never given my fish peas because last time i drop zucchini they just ignore it lol

i used to only feed my fish frozen bloodworms which is bad but now thankfully i know a little better and starts giving them more variation of food :)

The angles spend their days looking up the tank waiting for food, they are so fun to watch.

i never given my fish peas because last time i drop zucchini they just ignore it lol

i used to only feed my fish frozen bloodworms which is bad but now thankfully i know a little better and starts giving them more variation of food :)

The angles spend their days looking up the tank waiting for food, they are so fun to watch.
Mine will only eat peas if I skin them first so it takes way to long standing there taking every skin off every pea , I wouldnā€™t do that for my own children lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back