Shimps .. Fun Thing Or Worth It?

Right last post from me

I just think they would be great addy to my tank
loads of tiny things flashing round
them cleaning up is just a bonus to me
right im off
ok BTW

No one hijacket my thread
you all just voice opinions
with out those this would be a very boring place and we all would have round bowls with sad gold fish in
LOL!!!!
CYA :hyper:
 
what about cleaning your tank with these little critters, i have enough probelm trying to not to suck my fish up the gravel cleaner, 200 little guys :crazy:
 
I'm a big fan of shrimp, I wasnt sure I would like them, but I love the little fella's, so much so that I am going to set up a breeding tank for my son.
They add lots of interest to the tank, they bomb around the place, turn over the sand, pick up the left overs & are just very cute, inexpensive, colourful, easy care little critters, highly recommend them.

As someone else has already said they are sensitive to water conditions, so you need to have a fully cycled tank & keep up with the water changes to keep them healthy. Oh & no copper based meds, they are sensitive to copper.
 
Could I just ask why is it best to keep them in such large numbers? They don't shoal do they? I have 3 amanos in my tank and they seem fine, 2 males and 1 female, I've had a couple of batches of eggs too.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top