Share your bettas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Seems to be lots of interest in showing off bettas in this thread. This will be a good warm up for our upcoming contest "Battle of the Bettas" in the mid October Fish of the Month contest. But hansgruber7, if you want to enter one of your Betta in the contest, we prefer you take the picture yourself in his present tank as opposed to a professional photo taken before you got it. ;)

So, people, take a good photo of your Betta and post it here....and THEN, in mid October, you will be ready to enter it in our FOTM contest. :banana:

Last edited:
Meet vergil, i'm sweating just trying to get a nice picture of him
IMG_20200912_094943_1.jpg
IMG_20200912_095044_1.jpg

Alright. I cave. I'm getting a betta next month. Anyone know the reputation of prism bettas? They have some really nice ones.
Hahahaha

Honestly, I can't speak for their reputation as we don't have them here, but a betta is a really fun companion, theyre very interactive and all of them are so very different in personality too.

Id choose the individual that speaks to you most.

Hahahaha

Honestly, I can't speak for their reputation as we don't have them here, but a betta is a really fun companion, theyre very interactive and all of them are so very different in personality too.

Id choose the individual that speaks to you most.
Its a website. Yea I feel that, they kind of embody what people like about oscars, but on a smaller scale. Mom said I could only get one if I found a place that specially did bettas because we don't want to support the betta in cups thing.

Its a website. Yea I feel that, they kind of embody what people like about oscars, but on a smaller scale. Mom said I could only get one if I found a place that specially did bettas because we don't want to support the betta in cups thing.
I cant blame you there.

But I can say you will find one that's better off health wise from specialty betta sources. Imports are usually hardier, ironically.

If you can get yourself a wild betta, whether it's a pair or trio or whatever (@Crispii is your guy for wild betta recommendations) those would be very worthwhile to keep as well.

Myself im actually very fond of the wild phenotype betta splendens. The natural look to them is something subtly pretty. I had a beautiful wild type girl who unfortunately jumped through the 1/2" feeding hole in her lid. She was really special, but honestly there was something really beautiful in the natural look of her.
received_2494067884178669.jpeg.jpg

I cant blame you there.

But I can say you will find one that's better off health wise from specialty betta sources. Imports are usually hardier, ironically.

If you can get yourself a wild betta, whether it's a pair or trio or whatever (@Crispii is your guy for wild betta recommendations) those would be very worthwhile to keep as well.

Myself im actually very fond of the wild phenotype betta splendens. The natural look to them is something subtly pretty. I had a beautiful wild type girl who unfortunately jumped through the 1/2" feeding hole in her lid. She was really special, but honestly there was something really beautiful in the natural look of her.
View attachment 116027
I think there is some confusion. I meant I will be going for an import. Love wild betta, but I also kind of like the crazy look of the candy koi betta. In the end it comes down to whats available. Will probably go for a wild one.

Is that an alien betta?? Those are the ones that really tempt me to get a betta. I browsed bettas on ebay the other day (I don't know why, I'm in no position to get a betta) and the aliens were the first I looked for. Of course, they were also the most expensive...
I like your mom. She sounds awesome.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back