Sexing Rainbow Sharks?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MrGT500

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
how do you sex a rainbow shark? a friend got rid of her tank and instead of flushing the fish i told her i would take them, the rainbow shark would have to go in my 36 gallon bow front which already has one in it. i would like to have another one but i know that they tend to fight. will a male and a female fight?

Yes they will fight. Males tend to be slimmer, at least that's what I read somewhere. Have plenty of hiding places and you might be safe. Btw, flushing fish should never be done, alive or dead. Alive is just cruel, but either way can introduce disease to the native water ways. You did the right thing in rescuing them.

well the rainbow shark ended up being a small redtail black shark, nice looking fish. once it gets bigger i might try and put it in with my rainbow who is about 5 inches long. and as much as i like rescuing fish, it comes with its challenges. my friend told me that one of the fish was a silver dollar, no big deal......and it turned out to be a red belly pacu. that i just wont have the rom for once it grows.

Most reactions

trending

Back