Sex Identification Of Oscar

arunthelegend

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello fish-lovers,

I have a pair of Oscar which is two years old. I'm not able to identify the sex of the fish. I have seperated the fish in the same tank by a glass partition. When i allow them to be in one tank they're fighting like hell, which is difficult to control. Can anyone suggest me what steps i have to take further to pacify the situation. And also state which one is male and which is the other one.

Attachments

• Photo0153.jpg
    Photo0153.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Photo0154.jpg
    Photo0154.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 178
You can never tell their gender, not until they have bred

Yes, oscars are pretty much impossible to sex.

If they're not getting along, all you can do is permanently separate them, I'm afraid.

DerpPH said:
they both fight and lock they lips hard so that they turn into black,i cant able to put them together but i love to see them in the same tank together,any tips to solve this prob?

arunthelegend said:

they both fight and lock they lips hard so that they turn into black,i cant able to put them together but i love to see them in the same tank together,any tips to solve this prob?

A good old divider will do the trick!

arunthelegend said:
If they've decided they don't like each other, there's nothing you can do about it, apart from keeping them separately. There's no way of making them get on, or 'changing their minds'.

Sorry I don't have any magic to make them like each other!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back