Severum Fry - Anyone Used Liquifry?

Athena

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My Pink Severums have been at it again and now have another batch of eggs. A month ago they produced quite a large batch of fry but it was bad timing as a week later I was off to Cyprus and my daughter was left in charge of feeding etc - and I came back to discover that all the fry had disappeared (died or eaten?) and a few guppies had also disappeared (she admits she kept forgetting to feed the fish!!!).

Anyway, now that they have another batch of eggs I was wondering if I should use Liquifry for the babies. From what I could tell last time, the fry stayed close to gravel level in a group, so even if I were to use ground up flake food (which tends to float on the top), there's no guarantee they'd actually get any of it. But then, reading the instructions on the bottle of Liquifry it says it can cause some kind of white worms to appear in the tank - not sure I really want worms in my tank, so unsure what to do now. :S

Anyone here have any experience of rearing Severum fry? I know the adults do an extremely good job of protecting them from other fish (amazing to watch) but it's the feeding that I'm unsure about.

Will be glad to hear of anyone else's experiences.

Cheers, Athena :)

Hmmm... is there nobody on these forums that has had a mated pair of Severums produce fry? :sad:

Or should I have posted my message in a different category perhaps?

Athena

Most reactions

trending

Back