Setting Up Planted Tanks?

Russellhope

New Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello,

i was wondering how everyone sets up a planted tank,

i have plants in the tank, but they are in like a plastic plant pot filled with cotton wool. there are also no roots. i have gravel in my tank so i would i 'plant' the plants so i dont have to look at the hideous plastic pot!

Thanks
 
Depends on the size of the plant.
I left a number of mine in pots under the gravel and they slowly routed out of the pot and into the gravel.

Same with my sand at the moment. When i move plants their roots are everywhere

Plus give a little longer than 20 minutes before complaining people don't reply
 
I have just standard gravel in mine, some of my plants started out in pots then when the roots started showing I removed them and put them directly in to the gravel, where they are all doing fine, in fact they have spread and I have more plants for my second tank. :good:
 
i always take it out of the basket, remover the cottony stuff carefully and then plant it. all doing fine!
 
I always had problems making the plants stay down so I bought some (in little terracotta pots) and put them under the sand and its been 3 days nowand they are still alive :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top