SchottayB
Mr. Terrorcore!
Hi guys, I have had a fish tank setup now for 16 months(ish) ... i'm just wondering, rather than doing a fish-in or fishless cycle... can i....
Setup a brand new tank, new gravle, plants, wood etc...
and cut some of my sponge out my 16 month old tank and place it in my new tank, then the new sponge from my new tank put into my old tank.
If you understand that, would this method work? If so what percent of my sponge filter can I cut away from my 16 month old tank? 50%, 30%...? to put into the new tank.
The new tank will be for shrimp only if this helps.
Thankyou.
Scott
............P.S Or could I get some new sponge, and place this in my 16 month old setup (stick it to the glass?) for a while then take it out and put it into my new fish tank?
If I could... how long does this take? Let me know whats the best way to go arround this... thanks!
Setup a brand new tank, new gravle, plants, wood etc...
and cut some of my sponge out my 16 month old tank and place it in my new tank, then the new sponge from my new tank put into my old tank.
If you understand that, would this method work? If so what percent of my sponge filter can I cut away from my 16 month old tank? 50%, 30%...? to put into the new tank.
The new tank will be for shrimp only if this helps.
Thankyou.
Scott
............P.S Or could I get some new sponge, and place this in my 16 month old setup (stick it to the glass?) for a while then take it out and put it into my new fish tank?
If I could... how long does this take? Let me know whats the best way to go arround this... thanks!









