Sergeant Pepper's Lhc Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
My sad little 180l tank is full of lonely little souls :( and I am trying to think of a solution to creating shoals without mentally over stocking.

Current inhabitents:

7 dwarf chain loach**
1 Laeacara dorisigera (red breasted acara female) -  Born here
1 black skirt tetra - given to me - tank shutdown
3 red platies (male - females are in another tank) - given to me tank shutdown
2 rummy nose tetra *
1 glowlight tetra *
1 cardinal **
2 black phantom tetra
3 five banded barbs **
1 emporer tetra **

* These 3 were rescued from a dreadful tank 4 years ago and were adult size then, I recently lost the other glowlight to old age (I believe)

** these are the survivors from a tank rescue a couple of years ago where all the fish were sick :(

The cardinal in particular does not look "happy" there was more but my laeacara theyeri babies had bigger mouths than I thought :( and the glowlight has been pretty miserable hiding since his friend passed away.

The tank is heavily planted with amazon sword, java fern and moss, anubias and lots and lots of wood so I barely see anyone.

hmm its a tough one... 

If you were to get more of each species are there any of the larger tetras and barbs like the five banded, black phantoms, black skirt etc that could move to an other of your tanks?

Failing that could you rehome any to shops like a maidenhead? I know you like to keep hold of the rescues but it might be the better option for these to go into a store tank with more of their own kind to have a better chance to be homed as part of a larger group.

Maybe a stocking like

1 Laeacara Dorisigera
3 Red Platies
6 Rummy Nose Tetra
6 Glowlight Tetra
6 Cardinal Tetra
6 Emporer Tetra
7 Dwarf Chain Loach

Wills

I was thinking that, but the only other tank would be in with the angels, but I wouldnt be able to increase the group sizes much in that tank. The 5 bands have to stay I promised the owner (all marked ** have to stay), before they passed away, that they would leave out their lives here, me being me will not go back on my word.

I could put the dorisigera in with my curviceps, its a female and I have 3 female curviceps so no worries of x breeding.  

What about just upping all the numbers to 6 and shift them all into a 240 :) (except platies and Dorsigera)

I think your only way forward is:  buy more tanks!  :good:

:lol:

Honestly, its quite a quandary.  Not sure what I'd do in your place.

I have 11 fish tanks running now, two turtle tanks if I had the room I would have another tank lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back