Semi Agressive Tank Mates

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
since loosing all my fish in my 65USG tank ive been thinking of what id like to stock with when im ready to re-stock in a few more weeks...

i was thinking i might go for a semi agressive tank with tiger barbs and a RTBS forsure but im not sure what else i could stock it with, possible some red line torpedo barbs, anyone else have any ideas for a semi agressive tank....

it seems to me like theres more less options for semi agressive tank mates than community fish... i just need some ideas to get started i guess.

thanks

A lot of community fish can go in a semi-aggressive setup. Most of the bigger bodied tetras - black widows, black phantom, serpae, etc - can easily stand up to tiger barb bad behavior. Silver dollars and at least some of the bigger rainbowfish can stand up to the abuse from big cichlids, so they'd be fine, as well. Danios are fast enough to keep out of trouble. Bristlenose plecs are peaceful, but if they're messed with, they will punch back, and they can take a beating to boot. I have synodontis petricolas in a community tank, but they're another option - they're generally peaceful, not big enough to eat tankmates, but do stand up for themselves in a pinch. They often go with African cichlids, so the likes of tiger barbs should be no trouble for them. Also, just about any loach is equipped to defend itself.

In general, robust, nimble fish that don't have vulnerable fins, and which can either take a beating, defend themselves, or flee effectively.

You could possibly go with some of the less peaceful cichlids in the 6-8 inch range, as long as they can't eat tankmates.

Most reactions

Back