See How My Friend's Guppy Setup

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

noor

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My friend who is in Singapore and keeps guppies has it own way of guppy keeping.  He does not require a glass tank, instead he uses styrofoam boxes.  Yesterday I paid him a visit and to my surprise, I saw these:-

Video
http://youtu.be/-j6IchIg9I0

Still image

DSC_00311.jpg

interesting i used to keep guppies in tubs outside before that were dirt cheap styrofoam eh might have to steal that

What a strange way to keep fish! I appreciate the different climates around the world all for different keeping conditions but they're in semi darkness under the lid, out in the garden so will only be viewed if your friend conciously goes out to lookat them and can only be viewed from the top down.

How are they filtered?? Think I would personally have them in a glass tank so I could look at them :)

Nope, its a strange way.  He will segregate those guppies that are of better grades and put them in his guppy rack inside his house.  Those that are in the boxes are for growing up and breeding.  And having too many fish of different strains, this is a way to cut costs and easy maintenance.

He does not have any filter in the styrofoam boxes and the guppies strive well.

Look at the video I have posted.  Look at the guppies in the earthenware flower vase. They are beautiful with wide tails to show off.

That is sure different. Thanks for sharing :)

Unusual is one way of putting this!

I suppose being in warmer climate there is no such need  for heaters, but must need an awful lot of water changes for all of these styrofoam boxes and whatever else is inside the house. Hard work!

But as long as they are thriving rather than striving thats fine 
tongue2.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back