Second Tank

rl4400

New Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello!
I have a 10 gallon tank in my bedroom but all of my goldfish grew out of it so I put them all in a
30 gallon tank downstairs. But I am getting some new fish for my 10 gallon, Any suggestions for freshwater fish I could
put in it? I was thinking a betta. But I don't know if bettas need heaters??? Or is there any other type of fish I could get???
And how much do betta heaters cost???
 
Danios and WCMM are both sub-tropical actually (21 degrees celcius). And to really thrive they need a heater.
They will 'survive' at room temp, but you'll never see them at their full potential. To be honest I don't see a problem with buy a heater, you'd only need a 50W for that sized tank.

With a 10gallon I'd be tempted to go for a betta aswell. And if it's a 10gallon long then you could perhaps even get away with seperating it and having 2 Bettas. :)
 
Shellies!

They are the coolest fish for a dinky tank.

doris

Oh and a heater for such a little tank will be inexpensive.
 
Thanks! Were going fish shopping this afternoon and I am thinking a aquatic frog and Speckled oranda for addition
to 30gallon tank. And possibly a betta for my 10 gallon?
 
Do not put anything else in the 30g. You are already over stocked with 2 commons and a fantail.

If you would read the cycling thread I gave you 2 times you would know that the fish you are putting in there are just getting poisoned.
 
Please do not buy any other fish AT ALL untill you have sorted your 30gallon tank i am being patient here but you have to listen to what is being said.

Goldfish are VERY large VERY messy fish commons belong in a pond as they can get to be over 12 inches long and Fancy breeds such as you fantail and redcap oranda can grow to anything between 8 and 10 inches.

DO NOT GET A BETTA WITHOUT A HEATER OR FILTER OR IN YOUR CURRENT SITUATION!!!!!!!!!!

check my sig bettas are pretty much all i keep aside from a few loaches and if you want advise about them in the future then i will gladly give it to you but i will not impart any more of my knowlage to you if it will fall on deaf ears.

PLEASE!!!!!

LISTEN!!!!!
 
Do not put anything else in the 30g. You are already over stocked with 2 commons and a fantail.

If you would read the cycling thread I gave you 2 times you would know that the fish you are putting in there are just getting poisoned.

I dont think you quite understand that the betta would be in a SEPERATE TANK!!! Totally by itself in a 10g!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top