Sealing....hmmm...

emeraldking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've just finished sealing another tank of mine... And I have to admit it, I just suck at it...
This black sealant suppose to be on my tank... What the hell does it do on my arm...?
Don't let boys play with silicone sealant... 😊🤣😁

Attachments

• IMG_1050[1].JPG
    IMG_1050[1].JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 15

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I can see that happening! I have no room to laugh, though, as I once almost superglued my hand to a rock. Just don't let it dry on, lol.

Sgooosh

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
you have to be careful try to wash it off, some can get into your skin and that's not good...

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
A lot of people tape the tank before using black silicon. Basically use some masking tape like they do when painting so the excess silicon ends up on the tape. Then just remove the tape after you have put silicon everywhere.

You can also use a single sided razorblade to clean up the excess silicon after it has dried.

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
One of my old 29 gallon tanks is leaking from the bottom, I am thinking of buying a new one when Petco has their 1 dollar a gallon sale and not repairing it. Too many old tanks springing leaks lately.

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
One of my old 29 gallon tanks is leaking from the bottom, I am thinking of buying a new one when Petco has their 1 dollar a gallon sale and not repairing it. Too many old tanks springing leaks lately.
I would honestly just get a new one. It’s not worth the stress of re-sealing. Plus, the new tank will come with a warranty, in case anything happens.

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
just find out where the hole is and slap some silicon on it