Seachem Nitrogen And Potassium Nitrate

julioarca

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Is there any difference between the 2 products or are they both the same?

Cheers
 
Ones nitrogen and the others potassium? 2 different elements, guess your looking into plant ferts?
 
So does nitrogen dose Nitrate too. Do I need both products in my tank?
 
We'd need a little more info about your tank before giving advice on what it needs :)

1) Lighting, how many watts of lighting do you have and how many gallons is your tank?
2) Do you dose any other ferts? Including Co2
3) What sort of plants do you have/intend to have
 
Cool, I have a 180L Juwel, 3x30w T8 tubes, approx 10 hours a day.

Currently I carry out a PMDD system and just wondered if Nitrogen was an element I could dose too.
 
Nitogen is an element, nitrate is a compound that contains both nitrogen and oxygen.

Potassium nitrate will provide the plants with both potassium and nitogen.

To answer your origional question, lets visit seachems website and view the material saftey data sheet.

From the data sheet, seachem nitogen is just diluted potassium nitrate, with some urea in there for one reason or another.

So you would be better off dosing the potassium nitrate (I presume your talking about the powder), as it will be far better value for money :good:.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top