Sea Monkeys

Sirron

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
124
Reaction score
2
Points
0
I was just curious if anyone has used sea monkeys as a live food source for fish. I looked up a little info online and sea monkeys are just a type of brine shrimp. I thought it would be convienent to have a little tank going, they are gaurenteed to live two years and the are suppose to breed like crazy. I don't know if the different additives would be harmful to fish, I wouldn't think so if the shrimp are fine with them.
 
Yes you can feed sea monkeys to your fish :) As a matter of fact, when I am raising fry, I hatch some out and feed the newly hatched brine shrimp to them. If you feed those newly hatched brine shrimp they will grow and multiply.
 
Sea monkeys are expensive though so just buy brine shrimp from ebay or LFS instead.
 
I keep a large bottle of my waste tank water to feed my house plants with and after a few weeks I looked to find some sea monkeys/brine shrimp in it!? Where could these have possibly come from?? My tap water!? Anyways, I managed to catch them and fed them to my lucky fish :fun:
 
What you likely found swimming in old tank water would be smaller than artemia. They are probably what we call infusoria.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top