Scleromystax Kronei

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barracuda518

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I tried to take some pictures of my young C. kronei today. They are very difficult to photo right now because they are so active. So I dropped an earthworm stick in there to get their attention. They were distracted by that because they love to eat :good:

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any comments?

Nice photos of a hard to shoot subject. Geez, where have I seen you before? I can't place my finger on it. :p Awesome fish! Still waiting for Brian to get some Scleromystax barbatus in.

llj

No Comment....just kidding. :p They are really gorgeous, their markings are stunning. Nice fish!

Very nice, Barracuda. How big are they?

I have been trying to find something that really turns my Jari Zebras on. I had heard the the long lasting sticks were good for Synos and the omniivore Plecs. What do the Sclerostymax eat? are they omnivores or carnivores?

I got the New Spectrum bottom feeder discs. They last 24 hours. So far the interest is so-so. Of course it is a new food entirely for all of them. I have also been trying the Hikari carnivore tabs.

Thanks for the comments everyone :D

Nice photos of a hard to shoot subject. Geez, where have I seen you before? I can't place my finger on it. :p Awesome fish! Still waiting for Brian to get some Scleromystax barbatus in.

llj

I have no idea :rolleyes:

I got me some Scleromystax barbatus that Im growing up too :good:

Very nice, Barracuda. How big are they?

I have been trying to find something that really turns my Jari Zebras on. I had heard the the long lasting sticks were good for Synos and the omniivore Plecs. What do the Sclerostymax eat? are they omnivores or carnivores?

I got the New Spectrum bottom feeder discs. They last 24 hours. So far the interest is so-so. Of course it is a new food entirely for all of them. I have also been trying the Hikari carnivore tabs.

They are about 1.25-1.5" and growing very quickly. I mean they have grown I bet 1/2" in 2 weeks.

Check out this site:

http://kensfish.com/

Just about any food stick that you could ask for. I have been feeding all my cories the brine shrimp, earthworm, and tropical sticks for a while. I also feed my loaches the same stuff. Actually all the fish love them. I have some Pareutropius buffei that love them too.

I will take a look at Ken's site. Thanks

What do you feed the little Scleromystax and Aspidoras? They seem to have some trouble with the blackworms still and I don't have other intermediate foods betwwen fry powders. black worms and bottom disks or the Boyd's.

What do you feed the little Scleromystax and Aspidoras? They seem to have some trouble with the blackworms still and I don't have other intermediate foods betwwen fry powders. black worms and bottom disks or the Boyd's.

Well, I dont have any Aspidoras, so I cant help you with that. I feed mine crushed flake and Boyds. They also will nibble on the sticks, especially after they soften up some in the water.

Hi Sue. You know, I am known for giving good after-sale support to all who purchase fish from me. It would be nice if you compiled your myriad questions into an email so that I can answer them directly.

As far as feeding young Aspidoras and Scleromystax, just feed them as you would any young Cory. In my fish room they are not treated any differently than any other fish. If you're feeding a varied diet, consisting of powders, flakes, pellets, tabs, bbs or decapped bs eggs, varied frozen foods and some live worms, you're fine. I highly recommend the occasional crushed spirlina tab, also.

Please, if you need help with anything regarding fish you obtained from me, I'd appreciate an email. I am always here to assist you. Thanks. - Frank

Barracuda,

It may be several months before any males start to show through, this is pretty much the norm with Scleromystax species.
This is the original pair I bred from in 1980, originally thinking them to be S. barbatus.

Ian

scleromystax_kronei_species_large.jpg

Picture courtesy Ian Fuller & Corydorasworld.com

Barracuda,

It may be several months before any males start to show through, this is pretty much the norm with Scleromystax species.
This is the original pair I bred from in 1980, originally thinking them to be S. barbatus.

Ian

scleromystax_kronei_species_large.jpg

Picture courtesy Ian Fuller & Corydorasworld.com

Hey Ian,

Yeah, I cant wait until they get mature. Im hoping to have a couple pairs. I saw that picture on your site a couple times as I was doing some research on these fish. Nice picture :good:

I have one thats growing quicker then the other 5. I dont know if its a male or female, but its getting big.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back