Scissor tails

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

c1tyfc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2 scissor tails that are very quiet. Do i need more to bring them out into the community more? They are healthy but dont move anywhere from behind the plants. Are they threatened by my tigers?

Have they recently been introduced to the tank?

Scissortails, (Rasbora trilineata), are an active open water swimming schooling fish. If yours are skulking in the plants they are definitely not happy. I would think adding a few more would help. A lot of fish are intimidated by schools of frantic Tiger Barbs, but trilineata is a lot less timid than many other Rasboras, and shouldn't be phased by them.

Lateral Line said:
but trilineata is a lot less timid than many other Rasboras, and shouldn't be phased by them.
I would agree, I have one very old Scissor residing in a busy community. His friends have long since passed away and I haven't been able to get hold of any more yet. He is one of the main characters in the tank, he is always out and about darting around in and out of plants and furnishings etc. I would be worried if they aren't acting like this. It is most likely to be because another fish in the tank is upsetting them.

Thanks, I will get a couple more for them. I have had them in the tank for about a month now, I recently pruned the foliage they hide behind and this has helped them come out a little but not much. When they come out, the speeds they reach are quite amazing in a tank and would love to see them be theirselves. The tigers nosed around them the day i introduced them, but, as they always do, have ignored them after knowing them a couple of hours.

Most reactions

Back