Salt?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

MamaFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Which Salt should I get for my SW tank?

When it says treats 51 Gallons? that is not that much is it?

Instant Ocean is supposed to be one of the best from what I've heard. Coralife is another I've heard mentioned.

I've never had a SW setup so can't be of much more help than that.

Thanks! that is what I thought too, thou I do not understand the treats 51 Gallon's part. Meaning if I was to start a 55 Gallon SW tank I would have to put the whole bag/bucket in the tank and then before I do a water change I would have to go out and get ANOTHER bag/bucket.

Not sure, but that's the way I see it. Of course, you probably know this already, but you would only treat per amount of water taken out and not the whole water volume each time.

I guess, not knowing anthting about it I shouldn't be giving advice since it might not be correct. :blink:

When doing water changes you do have to replace it with fresh salt water(pre mix it and airate it in a bucket for at least 24 hr.When replacing water that has evaporated from your tank you do not need to use salt water just fresh water(salt dose not evaperate)

Instant ocean is what i use.

Not sure if this is allowed but check out www.reefcentral.com
You will find everything you could dream of about saltwater tanks.

Equalizer is right. We could never rate the level of reefcentral in expertise. I read and search there all the time.

But with over 400 members online there at any given time, it is hard to keep track of what is going on. Also your post may be answered once bfore it disappears down the line.

So it is great to come in here and talk marine life.

Reefcentral will always be a well used site in my fave tab though.

Most reactions

Back