Ryan

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
I was thinking about it and I realised that you could smuggle some into the country pretty easily. The Ban is on cold water fish but tropicals are fine so why not just have someone (closer than I because shipping from AK to UK would be horrid) aclimate some bitterling to live with some tetras a mix of different kinds and some that are obviously tropical and then ship them to you as ... Tetras I'm relatively sure that there is a tetra out there that looks a bit like a bitterling and if not fry could always be sent instead. Instead of pineing and looking eagerly to see if any got into the LFS you can have someone close by send some and if they are stoped and examined by someone who knows what they are doing you can always plead neglagence If you dont do something stuped like release them into the wild then there is no harm in the situation. Just a thought. I know I'm a bad seed arent I.

Opcn :thumbs:

Well opcn, I actually managed to get some Far Eastern Bitterling (Rhodeus ocellatus), here they are-
bitterling1.jpg

Now although it is now illegal to import these fish without a license and own them there are still fish around so I have some, I don't know weather I am breaking the law as the fish was already in the country when the ban was past.

Well shut my mouth. I'm sorry for wasteing your time then. You are most likely in the red by transfering them but thats okay I wont tell on you. (but I'd keep an Eye on that interested lady she seems a bit shifty). I figured that was a pic that you had gotten off the web. Have you tossed in freshwater filterfeeders to encourage breeding. Did you post a thread and I missed it?How many did you get? Tell us all about them (assumeing you haven't already) I'm planning on getting some next season as I'm setting up the pond this one and I'm also about to got to Alabama for about 8 weeks.

Opcn

Thanks for telling me Opcn, they are very shy at the moment so I haven't seen them much and the light is very dim so help them, they are also very young. I have four 1 one which I believe is male and the rest are female, I think. There are some Swan mussels and hopefully if all goes well when I have some holiday in a few weeks and can see about breeding them. However, sadly I am slightly worried for them, as a fish keeper I have one of those feelings that everything isn't quite right with them so I am watching them carefully and they are in a dark position so they are not stressed.

I'd keep an Eye on that interested lady she seems a bit shifty
:rofl:
Lets hope she doesn't read this!! :p

opcn said:
(but I'd keep an Eye on that interested lady she seems a bit shifty).

Opcn
You horrid person ,i just found You wanted add me to your msn to,I'll not bother now :angry:

All in jest darling all in jest.

Does shifty have some horrible conotation on your side of the pond. You must understand that on my side of the globe words all have a slightly different meaning. That grumpy emotocon made me feel like a jackass now I'm sad :-(

Please dont hate me

:flowers:

opcn said:
All in jest darling all in jest.

Does shifty have some horrible conotation on your side of the pond. You must understand that on my side of the globe words all have a slightly different meaning. That grumpy emotocon made me feel like a jackass now I'm sad :-(

Please dont hate me

:flowers:
ok I misunderstood you,calling someone shifty here,isn't very nice and I don't hate you :p

Thank you for the flowers :)

Now its pay back time though (I'll think of something)

:devil:

Stupid double post computer thingy. :angry:

Shifty means the same over hear its just that it is never used to discribe someone who is crocked or untrustworthy its only used in teasing and being playful. Oh #### now I've got cummupence (sp?) comeing thats no good. :crazy:

And ryan where did that last post come from/belong?

opcn said:
Shifty means the same over hear its just that it is never used to discribe someone who is crocked or untrustworthy its only used in teasing and being playful. Oh #### now I've got cummupence (sp?) comeing thats no good. :crazy:

And ryan where did that last post come from/belong?
Stop sneaking in like tat ,you wasn't there when i posted :p

Good to hear Cat. :)

opcn - post came from me trying to post on another thread and ending up here!

Most reactions

Back