Running Two Filters?

lilacamy931

Starting again
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Bournemouth, UK
Apologies for the really dumb question, I have a second filter to run in my 160l tank, do you run them from the same side, opposite sides facing each other, or opposite sides alternative sides? Sorry to ask, just really dont know, my inkling says opposite sides for maximum filtration but unsure fo the currents from the filters running into one another, or am I thinking too much/little?Thanks lots xxx
 
you will want the inlets at one end and the outputs at the other end, otherwise your have a clash of currents in the middle.
 
For best turn over put them at opposite sides =) whether they face each other, away from each other, both face front of tank from the back wall, etc doesn't matter much.
Although if you're running 2 internals you might want to think about running 1 small external instead - probably be able to save yourself a bit on the leccy bill that way :good:
 
I was thinking of this but as we had a large internal anyways, the second one was a bargain at £15, I would like an external eventually as then it will save on the electricity and make more tank space...hmm christmas is jsut around the corner...lol

Thanks very much so one each end (like book case ends) the nozzles look at me. Didnt get much sleep last night can you tell lol. Thank you both. BTW if there are recommended externals chuck them my way as can investigate in the meantime xx
 
Yep, like bookends will do just fine =)

Depending on the size of your tank...
There's the Fluval x05 range (105; 205; 305; 405) and the FX5
There's the Eheim classic and pro ranges
There's the TetraTec range
I think they are the most common ones.

How big and what's in there? I know you've posted but I have a head like a sieve, and although I could go and find your posts I'm being lazy - it's sunday - sorry
tongue2.gif
 
no worries hon, I appreciate the help!

We have a 160 litre tank, all live plants with:
1 angel
2 pearl gouramis
6 cories
5 glass catfish
To add: 5 lampeyes + 5 more
Hopefully shoal of tetra (we are aware the angel may eat when older ;))
ummmmm...think that is it!


There are currently 4 gobies (being moved) and 5 guppies (being moved)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top