The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mathew1991

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
I have purchased a 207 fluval to replace fluval u3 I have been running them both together for 4 days and I have the flow rate turned down on the 207 but I think the water flow might be slightly to much with both running

Is there anything I can do and how long till I can remove the u3

The simplest thing is to put the media from the U3 into the 207. If you have carbon in the 207, take that out and put the U3 media in its place. The foam pads can be cut up to make them fit, and the biomax placed round them.

So I take the carbon out the 207 and put all the media from the u3 in that tray

Yes. That way all the bacteria in the old media are now in the new filter.
You don't need carbon on a routine basis; just keep some in the cupboard in case you ever need it to remove medication after treatment has finished - and you could use the U3 temporarily for that.

Would I be to just leave the carbon in?

You can leave the carbon in, just don't change it like the manual probably says to. If you can, squeeze the foams and biomax from the U3 anywhere in the filter it can be made to fit.

I put all the media from the u3 into the 207 how long will I leave it for before reming the u3 media back out the 207 so I have some space to put some filter floss in

Either wait at least a month, then remove it a bit at a time, or leave it in there. Any spaces can be filled with biomax or, if you intend removing it eventually, with sponge.
Filter floss isn't a particularly good home for bacteria as it gets clogged quickly and needs replacing regularly. But if there's plenty biomedia in there, and you want to remove fine particles, floss is good for that.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back