manwithnofish
Fish Fanatic
Since we have nothing to go on other than a "Rule of Thumb" regarding the number fish a given tank can support. And since we tend to push the limit by buying fish smaller than they will grow, and the fact that we would like to have as many fish as we can. What are the telling signs when we start approaching that limit. How do we know that it's time to reduce their numbers. What are the limiting factors from the fishes point of view? Can we identify the limiting quantity(s) and increase the carrying capacity by increasing the limiting quantity(s)? I know this is a multivariable issue with no simple answer, but how did anyone derive at the 1 inch / gallon rule?
This is a generic question, so please don't ask how many fish I have or how many gallons my tank is, or how large or what species, or anything specific about my tanks.
This is a generic question, so please don't ask how many fish I have or how many gallons my tank is, or how large or what species, or anything specific about my tanks.







