Rugby League Tri-nations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mr Miagi

Veins are flowing with SW, now going back to FW!
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the first game between the Aussies and NZ? Im not a League fan, but I enjoyed the game the Aussies played. I didnt think much of the New Zealand defence, sooo many missed tackles and a total lack of structure. Hopefully they come back in the next game so we can watch some good rugby! Ive never seen Great Britain's League team play, so I look forward to watching a good game! :good:

I watched it for the Bronco's players (supporter although Im Victorian :) )

Tame Tupous tackle on Karmichael Hunt was awesome :D

And Kidwell standing over big willy and giving him a mouthfull was great to

I try and watch a little Rugby League when it is on, but I struggle with the lack of tactics in it. It lacks a lot of the finer, more technical aspects of union that I love (scrums rucks and mauls).

I expect another fairly good showing by GB and we may even get to the final this year, but as always, Oz is the team to beat.

I watch a little rugby league as my partners nephew plays for Hull hmmm or is it Huddersfield :/ used to be broncos anyway :unsure: (and being a girlie I don't mind watching beefy men in scrums) :rolleyes:

I watch a little rugby league as my partners nephew plays for Hull hmmm or is it Huddersfield :/ used to be broncos anyway :unsure: (and being a girlie I don't mind watching beefy men in scrums) :rolleyes:
Yeah but League scrums are just men leaning on each other, no real pushing. Union scrums often involve 280 stones (around 1,700kg: the mass of a fairly large car) of men crashing together in the middle. And it's even more fun when you are involved.

Weren't the Broncos the London team (now Harlequins RL)? Huddersfield are Giants and I can't recall the Hull team's name (if they have one).

Well the poms got beat! :p I really think you got hard done by in some of those dodgy ref. calls. The Kiwis played alright, but I still dont think they are playing as a team, deffinately not there yet. England played alright, got to the 5 metre line a few times, it was just silly mistakes, and lack of set plays that failed to get you over the line. (IMO ofcourse) Lets hope the Kangaroos do just a good a job on the UK as they've done on the Kiwis! :good:

Edit: Hey Andy, I played Rugby 7's for the first time for my University in the Australian University Games! We ended up 12 out f 13! Haha, but we didnt get the wooden spoon, and it was a heck of fun! Ever played 7's?

I have never played 7s. Far too much hard work. When I am older I may play in the Fat Boy 7s (get penalised for being too light or young - par stats are 35 years old and 16.5 stone).

i just started playing rugby again 2 weeks ago i got my first game saturday and was a foot off scoring a try :sly:

It's not about scoring tries, it's all about big forward moves and getting really big hits in on rucks and tackles.

Leave scoring tries to the girls in the backs ;)

It's not about scoring tries, it's all about big forward moves and getting really big hits in on rucks and tackles.

Dam straight, good tackles and holding the ball for a decent amount phases. :good:

Well the poms got beat! :p I really think you got hard done by in some of those dodgy ref. calls. The Kiwis played alright, but I still dont think they are playing as a team, deffinately not there yet. England played alright, got to the 5 metre line a few times, it was just silly mistakes, and lack of set plays that failed to get you over the line. (IMO ofcourse) Lets hope the Kangaroos do just a good a job on the UK as they've done on the Kiwis! :good:

Edit: Hey Andy, I played Rugby 7's for the first time for my University in the Australian University Games! We ended up 12 out f 13! Haha, but we didnt get the wooden spoon, and it was a heck of fun! Ever played 7's?
OI, what do you mean england ;)
Anyway, NZ fielded and ineligible player and maybe getting the points taken off them!!

7's is a brutal game if you are unfit, but at least it only lasts 7 minutes each half :lol:

thanks andy that makes me feel so much better being as i play in the backs :grr:

thanks andy that makes me feel so much better being as i play in the backs :grr:
Then get on the pies and Guinness diet and play with the men. I did, and am loving every second of it, except the fact every game I get hit on the same spot of my skull that just won't heal...

I have to admit the first game was awesome but.

Who do you reckon will win on Saturday and by how much :)

Then get on the pies and Guinness diet and play with the men. I did, and am loving every second of it, except the fact every game I get hit on the same spot of my skull that just won't heal...
i dont like guinness and prefer to play in the backs (dont see any of the fowards with supermodel girlfriends do you :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back