Rubber Eel/worm

CraZ4fiSHieS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all~

I have a rubber eel (Ely) that Ive had for two or three months now. Hes been doing really great, and growing at an incredible rate! We had another one for a while, but she died a couple of weeks ago. She stopped eating and floated at the top of the water most of the time the last few days. Found her dead in her hide-out when noticed missing. :-( Ely doesnt seem too phased by her passing, but I am starting to become concerned about him lately. He is still eating, but not as vigorously as he used to, he still is shedding regularly, but his "new" skin looks dull and the shed skin has a pinkish tint to it, and his body looks kind of "kinked" in a way. :/ Im hoping Im just paranoid because of Ellie dying, but if anyone has any suggestions or know what I mean by the "kinked" thing, please let me know. I dont want to lose this awsome tank dweller! :sad: Thanks~

Gibbo~

I have actually been to that website! We did a lot of extensive research on them before we bought Ely. He eats wax worms, tuba-flex, red-wroms, brine shrimp, etc... Water quality is good I believe (Im broke as a joke and cant buy more testing equip at the moment) :( But that article doesnt tell much about sickness in the rubber eel, just general info. :/ thanks ne hoo for the suggestion. :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back