Rubber Eel Overboard!

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
3,290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hudson, Wisconsin USA
Was changing my water this evening and I had just finished pouring the bucket into the tank and was headed back to the sink. When I heard a plop, turned around to see my adult female rubber eel making her way across the tile floor! They get pretty excited when I do a water change and being almost blind doesn't help them either. I caught her pretty quickly and got her back in the tank. She seems OK and has calmed down, I'm just hoping the fall from the tank to the tile didn't hurt her too much. My fault since I leave the lids open while I'm changing water. I'll have to start closing them when I'm not pouring water back in.

Poor girl!
 
:) Always amazez me how they get out of the tanks... hope she is OK, I guess as long as she is behaving normally now she is back in the tank, then things will be good!
 
She seems OK, been eat, swimming and sleeping like she always does. I'm going to put some weights on the lids this weekend. Since if they really wanted out, the lids wouldn't be much of an obstical. I would hate for someone to escape while I'm not home! The tile floor didn't slow her down very much.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top