Round Pellia (Lomariopsis Lineata)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mmmmm, well some pellia has been mislabeled, however subwassertang is still widely available in the aquarium trade. I do agree that M Tenerum is widely seen, as tropica mislabeled the pellia some years ago. Round pellia is still in the game.

I believe this is subwassertang...

Okay. Here's what I found. Either one is a fern, not a liverwort. (And no, I'm not trying to start something here. I'm only trying to get the correct info out there. Really.) This is courtesy of Scape.

Süsswassertang looks a lot like Pellia, and is often sold as "Round Pellia" due to its resemblance to a rounder version of Pellia. Care is very similar, as it does well in low-light, and needs to be tied down to keep it in place. However, it isn't actually a Liverwort and shouldn't be called Pellia. It is the gametophyte form of a species of Lomariopsis, possibly Lomariopsis lineata, making it a fern, not a liverwort/pellia.

Thanks for the info old spouse. I did question weather this was Pellia a while ago because a google search was bringing up images that looked quite different to what I have here.

I hope you guys are still happy with your purchases and I will request a Mod to change the details of this for sale thread.

Thanks again

Whatever it's called, I love it. I got some a good long time ago and had no clue what it was, so it basically floated around my tank for a few months. Then I forgot about it. I decided to rescape a little and when I pulled up a piece of driftwood that was hiding behind a rock, lo and behold, it was full of Monosolenium tenerum, in beautiful condition and anchored to the wood! It's now one of my favorite pieces.

Most reactions

trending

Back