Rotala question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hopfrog

Reaction score
So I ordered some rotala rotundifolia from Aquarium Plants Factory and it came in great shape, but in emersed form. I planted it and let it grow, and I started to get a fair amount of new, submerged growth, but this growth started to grow horizontally as rotala seems to do at times. So I trimmed the tops and replanted those and the still in emersed form bottom stems as well. My question is: once those emersed bottom stems send up more shoots should I trim them again and then get rid of the bottom stems? The original plant stems will stay in emersed form and will never convert, correct?

I am just trying to get submerged form going and start getting some bushiness, but I have found rotala to be tricky even though it seems to grow pretty quickly.

once those emersed bottom stems send up more shoots should I trim them again and then get rid of the bottom stems? The original plant stems will stay in emersed form and will never convert, correct?
I usually trim stem plants once the tips reach the surface of the tank, but that’s up to you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back