Rosy Barb Extremely Pale And Skinny

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

qball922

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
*LONG BUT I FEEL THE DETAILS ARE NECESSARY* I have a group of 4 rosies that ive had for about 3-4 months now. Ive been trying to buy more cuz i know the minimum school size is 6, but my lfs has been out of stock every time i go. Originally i had them in my 20g tall with my paddletail newt (coldwater-subtropic) but i decided for the winter it would be best to put them in my main tank. The newts tank is in my basement and the temp DROPS come October. I put them in my quarantine for about a month raising the temp little by little (would have added sooner but my kribs had babies and that stresses my stock enough already) and finally added them maybe 2 weeks ago. 2 are fine and the other 2 are struggling. They eat and swim normally, but theyre excessively skinny and almost white theyre so pale. Thought it was stress but they seem to be getting worse. Help is appreciated.

Temp 76.5 pH 7.8 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 30 ppm Ammonia 0

I have no idea what could be wrong, maybe a pic could help?

One thing you could do, is if you quarantine tank is free, put the struggling two in there and try to feed them up. It may just be that they're out-competed for food.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back